Friday, July 10, 2015

Environment Modeling and Sculpting Final (sort of)

Then there was my other class, environment modeling and sculpting.

We started the class with only three students, and it ended with two; small but fun.

A lot of information was covered in class. Different software programs and modeling techniques.

I guess what I mostly got out of this class was how to use Zbrush (very important) and a lot of inside into what makes a good and or bad environment.

And once again, I need to practice, practice, practice.

My final project is still very much a WIP. Modeling needs to be refined, or you could say, a third level of detail needs to be added.

For one, the rocks and roof need work; they look much too repetitive. 
Some of the lines are too straight, which makes it look too much like CGI (fake).
Same with some of the shapes, right now things look too stylized.
Also, everything needs to be textured. I just used some basic shaders to give an idea of color.
Finally, the environment needs a story (ea. some beer mugs for my fat posers).

I'm planning on addressing all of these notes once I start working on my reel. However for now, I just started my next class: Environment Design for Video Games. The class I've been aiming to get to since I started Gnomon almost a year ago. More about this in future blogs.

Note: the two chubby guys are really only there for scale.

Medieval Brewery
~concept by Mark Henriksen~



And just for fun:

Modeling WIP Gif











No comments:

Post a Comment